Please give a warm welcome to the lovely Lisa Bergren! She’s here today as part of her blog tour for her new series, REMNANTS. The founders of LiteraryCO are both huge fans of Lisa Bergren’s River of Time Series, and we’re so excited to have her here today. Check out the book, her post about the awesomeness of Colorado, and then enter the giveaways by following the directions below!
REMNANTS: Season of Wonder
by Lisa Bergren
April 8, 2014 | Zondervan
Andriana is a Remnant, one of the gifted teens born on the seventh day during the seventy-seventh Harvest after the Great War, and destined to act as humanity’s last shield against the horrors that now plague those who remain.
After years of training in stealth and warfare, Andriana and her Knight protector, Ronan, are finally ready to answer the Call and begin the life they were designed for. But as they embark with the other Remnants on the first of their assignments, they quickly discover that the world beyond their protected Valley home is more dangerous than they imagined.
The Sons of Sheol will stop at nothing to prevent Dri and Ronan from rescuing anyone sympathetic to the Remnants’ cause. And as the Remnants attempt to battle the demonic forces, other enemies close in. Dangers intensify, but so do Dri’s feelings for Ronan–the one emotion she is not meant to feel. In the midst of their mission, Andriana must find a way to master her feelings, or risk compromising everything.
5 REASONS WHY COLORADO ROCKS FOR A WRITER
by Lisa T. Bergren
There’s a reason why I started my characters in Remnants: Season of Wonder out in a valley based on Telluride, Colorado. Because our state is awesome. It’s home to me, in every sense of the word, and it’s a great place to be a writer. Here’s why:
- Sun: Though our state’s unofficial “300 days of sunshine” tagline is apparently a myth started by a railroad company in the 1870s to boost tourism, we do get an incredible amount of sunshine. And sun fuels my fire. Clouds make me want to nap. And eat chocolate.
- Rocky Mountain High: Hiking and walking while enjoying nature’s beauty (which can be observed even in my suburban neighborhood) is a great way to get the creative juices flowing.
- Dry air: We’re the second driest state in the country. While that’s not awesome for the skin, I appreciate not sweating while holding a warm laptop. That would just be icky and uncomfortable. And discomfort does not feed creativity.
- Good library system: There’s a library in every quadrant of our city. And I love to settle into a library chair, put on my headphones to listen to soundtrack music, and write like a madwoman.
- Great public schools: No homeschooling call on this mama’s life—only writing! Woot!
Remnants: Season of Wonder is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, or at your local bookstore. Email Lisa that you ordered or purchased Remnants: Season of Wonder IN APRIL and she’ll mail you a signed bookplate! (Lisa@bergrencreativegroup.com)
LAUNCH TOUR CLUE #7: EVERY
Collect all 26 clues, gathered from each of the Launch Tour stops this month, and you could win a Kindle Fire HDX ($229 USD). Open internationally. At the end of the month, just go to LisaBergren.com and enter the completed clue stream in the Rafflecopter (available after April 30, 2014).
About Lisa Bergren
About the author: Lisa T. Bergren is the author of over forty books, with a combined count of over 2.5 million copies sold. She has written best-selling children’s books, award-winning YA (River of Time Series: Waterfall), popular historical fiction, contemporary fiction, women’s nonfiction, and gift books. She is a writer and editor residing in Colorado Springs, CO, with her husband and three children. You can find out more about Lisa at LisaBergren.com.
Note: This post is cross-posted from A Book and a Latte with permission.